SOFTWARE ENGINEER – COMPUTER VISION AND PERCEPTION
Optimus Ride software engineers create the software at the heart of our vehicles and systems. Our software needs to process complex dataflows and make decisions with real world consequences. We are looking for engineers who bring deep expertise in enabling vehicles and robots to perceive and understand the world around them. You will work with peers who cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, Draper Laboratories, Zipcar, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more.
Our team is focused on the fastest path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers at the top of their fields in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrates your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
Centrally located in the Boston Seaport District, you will also work in a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment. This role will challenge the boundaries of your creativity and problem-solving ability, but it will be amply rewarding as the technologies you build will be deployed in real-world environments. If you want to tackle ‘super wicked’ problems and make tangible impact, then apply to join our team
- Build software for a self-driving vehicle
- Create advanced perception systems to enable the vehicle to accurately perceive and react to its surrounding environment
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid fundamentals in linear algebra and numerical methods
- Experience with topics such as computer vision, point cloud processing, machine learning
- Experience working with cameras, LIDAR, and sensor fusion
- Excellent software development skills using C/C++
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Significant experience writing production quality code
- Experience with machine learning toolkits such as Caffe or TensorFlow
- Experience with one or more of: GPU programming, state estimation, real-time systems, mapping and localization, machine learning, object detection and tracking