Our team combines over 30 years of interdisciplinary university research in self-driving technologies (DARPA Urban Challenge), electric vehicles (CityCar), and Mobility-on-Demand Systems. We also have a decade of industrial and entrepreneurial experience that includes shared fleets (Zipcar) and manufacturing robots. Our team is focused on the fastest path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. Centrally located in the Hub of Innovation, engineers will be able to work in a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment.
- Conducting driving tests with self-driving vehicles in pilot locations
- Safely operate vehicle and follow testing plan provided by test engineers
- Provide reports to test engineers of completed tests
- Must be at least 21 years old with an active and valid driver’s license for at least one year.
- Good safety record on driver’s license. You are ineligible if you have the following: a DUI or other drug-related violation in the last seven years, a major moving violation (e.g., reckless driving, driving with suspended license), more than three moving violations in the past three years (e.g., accidents, traffic light violations), and any driving-related convictions in the last seven years (e.g., hit-and-run, felonies involving a vehicle)
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to travel to pilot location
- Ability to test vehicle for extended hours and drive through poor weather conditions (e.g., heavy rain)
- Previous professional driving experience (e.g., driving for rental agency, limousines, chauffeur, etc.)
- Access to a Smartphone