About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District but the Deployment Site is located in South Weymouth, MA. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
- Conducting driving tests with self-driving vehicles in pilot locations
- Safely operate vehicle and follow testing plan provided by test engineers
- Provide reports to test engineers of completed tests
- Must be at least 21 years old with an active and valid driver’s license for at least one year.
- Good safety record on driver’s license. You are ineligible if you have the following: a DUI or other drug-related violation in the last seven years, a major moving violation (e.g., reckless driving, driving with suspended license), more than three moving violations in the past three years (e.g., accidents, traffic light violations), and any driving-related convictions in the last seven years (e.g., hit-and-run, felonies involving a vehicle)
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to travel to pilot location
- Ability to test vehicle for extended hours and drive through poor weather conditions (e.g., heavy rain)
- Previous professional driving experience (e.g., driving for rental agency, limousines, chauffeur, etc.)
- Access to a Smartphone
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.