Software Engineer - Frontend Developer
Engineering - Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District but the Deployment Site is located in South Weymouth, MA. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Optimus Ride is focused on a rapid path to market in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. The Fleet Software Team plays a key role in this mission by building the products to manage our autonomous ride service. These platforms are especially exciting because they are often the first point of contact between the self-driving vehicles and our passengers, clients, and other partners.
As a front-end UI developer, you will have the opportunity to build new, complete products from the ground up in order to solve important problems for our riders and operations team. Your responsibilities will span across the entire product lifecycle including design, development, and maintenance. You will also interface regularly with other, interdisciplinary teams to seamlessly integrate the fleet software products with our self-driving vehicles.
- Translate user stories and mockups into elegant and functional user interfaces
- Develop multiple products spanning both web and mobile products for internal and external customers
- Write production-quality code that is robust, reliable, and efficient
- Own products throughout their lifecycle including testing, debugging, and maintaining code
- Engage in product team processes (design documentation, code reviews, scrum, etc.)
- Experience building frontend web and mobile systems using modern technology stacks (e.g., React/Redux, Angular)
- Experience with CSS3, HTML5
- Experience with developer tools such as GitHub
- Commitment to discovering problems with user interaction and designing innovative solutions
- Strong interest in self-driving cars, urban mobility, sustainability
- Learning mindset Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Have built customer-facing products from the ground up
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with React Native Experience with REST APIs, HTTP2
- Experience working on an agile/scrum product team
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.