Software Engineer – Vehicle and fleet operations
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Optimus Ride software engineers create the software at the heart of our vehicles and systems. We are looking for software engineers to build software for operating fleets of self-driving vehicles. You should have a rigorous level of attention to detail, and the ability and interest to focus on a wide range of challenges such as configuration management, fleet analytics, real-time fleet monitoring, user interfaces, and more. The software you write must ensure the correct, safe, and scalable operation of self-driving cars on private and public roads.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Your peers will cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, and Draper Laboratories, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrates your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
- Build software for a self-driving vehicle
- Develop and maintain software and systems, both on- and off-vehicle
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Participate in our team’s software development processes, including documentation, automated testing, and source control practices
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent software development skills using C++, Java, or Python
- Experience working with databases and backend systems
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Significant experience writing production quality code
- Experience with robotics and AI applications
- Frontend software development (e.g., React, Angular)
- Network programming (TCP/IP, interprocess communication)
- Real-time software systems
- Large scale data storage, processing, and analysis (e.g., HDFS, Hadoop)
- Computer graphics and visualization software
- Simulation tools
Domain expertise with one or more of the following:
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.