Fleet Operations Manager
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
This position will lead fleet operation activities for the organisation as it scales and delivers product. This includes the establishment of vendor relationships, processes, and adoption of systems that will enable the greatest and best use of the fleet for product development and deployment purposes. The role will require strategic and tactical decision-making ability to handle multi-location coordination for shared electric autonomous fleets.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Provide routine vehicle upkeep (e.g., inflate tires, replace wiper blades, etc.)
- Fleet optimization
- Fleet depot oversight
- Supervision of fleet staff and vendors
- Multi-site fleet coordination
- Experience in managing staff, service contractors and other vendors
- Experience setting up and executing service contracts
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- General knowledge of automotive maintenance and repair
- The ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
- Strong process orientation
- Able to lift and transfer ~25 lbs
- Able to conduct visual inspection of vehicle interior, exterior, and underside
- Good financial and operational analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job, especially if there is previous experience in managing shared fleets or with robotics companies and software systems.
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.