Software Test Engineer
United States /
Software Quality Assurance /
OptionMetrics is seeking 2 Software Test Engineers to join our Software QA team to create and execute tests for the back-end services of our data and analytic information products. You'll isolate and report bugs, document test plans, write test case automation, and work closely with other teams (Engineering, Project/Product Management, etc.). You'll collaborate daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of products. We're small, agile, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. As a member of our Software QA team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
The Software Test Engineer Will:
- Love working with back end services and large data sets
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Excel in test case design and documenting test descriptions/test plans
- Enjoy figuring out what should be tested, creating the test, and implementing it. You're someone who can diagnose a potential bug before it occurs and isolate existing bugs.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with Java, SQL, and Python. Experience with AWS data tools (S3, Redshift, RDS, and EMR) is a plus.
- Have a strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the development lifecycle
- Implement automated tests and perform functional and regression testing
- Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes daily
- Enjoy the challenge of researching issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with options
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits and 401k plan offered
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!)
OptionMetrics began over 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytics models are used by over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, and academic institutions worldwide.