Chapel Hill, NC
OptionMetrics is seeking a Software Developer to develop applications accessing large financial data sets. You'll work alongside a team of exceptionally creative and intelligent developers and quants, collaborating daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of data and analytic information products. We're small, agile, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. Since we are self-funded and profitable (no VCs!), we can afford to take the long view, emphasizing quality over expediency in all we do. As a member of our development team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages: Java, Python, C#, C++
- Databases: Postgres, SQLite, MS SQL Server, AWS Redshift
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Angular
- Data Analysis: AWS EMR/Hive, Spark, Athena
Skills You'll Need:
- Have 1 - 4 years of experience – ideally with a mix of Java development and Python
- Develop applications accessing large financial data sets
- Assist with the troubleshooting of production support issues
- Enjoy the challenge of researching data issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with Options
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- 401k plan with matching
- The usual drinks and snacks!
OptionMetrics began 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytics models are used by over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, and academic institutions worldwide.