Product Support Specialist
New York, NY /
Product Support /
OptionMetrics is seeking an articulate, meticulous Product Support Specialist who understands basic SQL and possesses an affinity for working with data and external clients. The Product Support Specialist will work in a hybrid capacity out of our NYC office. You'll interact with clients and assess the issues they may have including the installation of our data. You'll work alongside a team of creative and intelligent individuals, collaborating daily across departments including Data QA and Sales. We're small, nimble, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. We take the long view, emphasizing quality over expediency in all we do.
Note: This position requires working on-site at our NYC location in a hybrid capacity. Current NYC COVID laws require proof of vaccination upon entry to the workplace. Candidates must be willing to reasonably accommodate both requests to be considered.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as clients' primary point of contact for product/data issues
- Use a ticketing system to prioritize and handle client requests
- Interact directly with end users via email and occasionally over the phone
- Use SQL to research and troubleshoot issues presented by clients and/or internal QA processes
- Ensure resolutions are reached within 24 hours, escalating complex data issues to second level support as needed
- Develop and continuously update knowledge management articles
- Expand your knowledge of SQL, working with large data sets, and options
Skills You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 – 2 years of experience with product, SaaS, or application support
- 1 – 2 years of experience assisting external clients with troubleshooting technical issues related to the company's product
- 0 – 2 years of experience with SQL
- An understanding of basic networking concepts
- Interest in working with technology. Database knowledge/understanding is a plus.
- Ability to thoroughly troubleshoot and articulate issues to client
- Special attention to detail and a willingness to document changes when necessary
- Ability to work well with others
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!)
For the latest update regarding NYC COVID workplace requirements:
OptionMetrics began over 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytics models are used by over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, and academic institutions worldwide.