United States /
OptionMetrics is seeking strategic, detail-oriented software engineers to join our Quantitative Research team as a Quantitative Developer. You'll be assisting our Head of Quantitative Research in creating and maintaining models for research projects using C++. We're small, nimble, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. As a member of our Quantitative Research team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
Note: This position can be remote or on-site at our NYC location in a hybrid capacity.
Current NYC COVID laws require proof of vaccination upon entry to the workplace. Candidates must be willing to accommodate current NYC laws to be considered for work in NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Quantitative Research team to develop software products using C++ and Python
- Engineer new quantitative models and data pipelines in production code
- Provide software prototyping support for new research ideas and maintain current software products
Skills You'll Need:
- At least 2 years of experience programming in modern C++
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar engineering degree
- Experience with data processing, mathematical software, and an ability to analyze datasets and software
- Experience working with scientific or mathematical backend software is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently and work in a team to improve development processes
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with Python, Linux, SQL, AWS, Redis, Postgres, Git, Docker, or CMake
- Experience with development infrastructure and setting up development environments
- Familiarity with Boost and Eigen C++ libraries
- Experience with quantitative modeling, statistics, or linear algebra
- Familiarity with options or derivatives
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!)
For the latest update regarding NYC COVID workplace requirements:
OptionMetrics began over 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytics models are used by over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, and academic institutions worldwide.