Data Quality Analyst
New York, NY /
Data Quality and Analytics /
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of a Data Quality Analyst. The Data Quality Analyst will work closely with a small group of engineers on our products. Here at OptionMetrics, we emphasize accountability over micromanagement. We're small, agile, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. As a Data Quality & Analytics team member, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end.
Note: This position requires working on-site at our NYC location in a hybrid capacity. Current NYC COVID laws require proof of vaccination upon entry to the workplace. Candidates must be willing to reasonably accommodate both requests to be considered.
What You'll Do:
- Perform data mining, data cleansing, and data analysis on large data sets
- Develop and automate Python scripts for validating data
- Investigate and explain data anomalies
- Develop data visualizations and reports to drive key business decisions
Skills You'll Need:
- BSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other analytical discipline required
- Hands-on experience working with data quality and/or data analytics using SQL and Python
- Ability to write and understand advanced SQL (including stored procedures)
- Hands-on experience with data exploration and data visualization
- Passion for Data! Data mining and overall love for working with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau
- Expertise in time-series analysis and anomaly detection in large data sets
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Providing a portfolio of clear, intuitive, and insightful visualizations
- Possessing an understanding of financial market and options data
- Experience working in financial services or investment banking
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!)
For the latest update regarding NYC COVID workplace requirements:
OptionMetrics began over 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytics models are used by over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, and academic institutions worldwide.