Senior Consultant II - Zscaler - Architecture & Engineering | Remote, USA
Austin, TX /
Activate Consult Transform (ACT) – Architecture & Engineering /
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the continental U.S
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must have the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team. For this position we are seeking specialist with Zscaler. Experience with Netskope or other SSE products desired.
How You Will Make an Impact
- You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice leaders to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team
- In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members
- Able to solo deliver or act as "point" for complex technology implementation projects
- Acts as a technical escalation point to assist other consultants
- Lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts
- Lead in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration
- Understand the customer requirements and deliverables and create a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW)
- Assist customers with developing technical requirements, evaluating SSE solutions, and developing architecture & design
- Understand System integration with SSO/IAM, EDR, SIEM, SOAR, MDM
- Create evaluation test plans and implement DLP solutions
- Working closely with customers and their Technical Team
- User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts
- Design, implement and educate on specific technology build processes, policy migration, and third-party integration
- Provide knowledge transfer and post-production support activities as necessary
- Effective team communicator
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as CSA
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification. (Zscaler ZIA Professional, Zscaler ZPA Professional, and Zscaler ZDX administrator)
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting
- Acts as contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
What We’re Looking For
- Ideal candidates will have recent prior experience implementing or managing an SSE platform Zscaler and operate as technical subject matter expert
- Desired Netskope Certified Cloud Security Administrator, Netskope Certified Cloud Security Integrator, Netskope Certified Cloud Security Architect
- Approximately 4-7 years of technical architecture experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Professional Services Consultant with a proven track record and demonstrable skills at presenting technical information at the business executive level or at the architect level
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience with security technologies including but not limited to: CASB, SWG, NG Firewalls, IPsec/GRE, Reverse Proxy, SSO, DLP, and ZTNA
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration for Apple macOS/iOS and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM), specifically JAMF and Microsoft Intune
- Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA)
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures, and governance
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX,), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.), access management (SAML, SSO)
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), SCIM (Azure, Okta), Cloud Security Posture Management, and API Security.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Remote position with 20% travel willing to work US times (Pacific/Mountain/Central/Eastern)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.