Consultant I - Cyber Digital Transformation (CDX) | Remote, USA
Austin, TX /
Security Consulting – CDX /
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
Our Cyber Digital Transformation (CDX) team is focused on delivering business outcomes for our clients across the Data Value Chain, working collaboratively with the different CDX practice areas (i.e. Cloud Strategy & Execution, Big Data & Analytics, Connected Devices, and Orchestration & Automation).
As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses, and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Were you a developer and found yourself in security operations or consulting? Are you a former SecOps Engineer and started writing code? We think you may be one of us. Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
The Consultant works closely with clients to identify, develop and implement Azure, AWS, and M365 architectures and assist customers with remediation efforts. These efforts include but are not limited to WAF, Front Door, networking, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, identity, and policies
- Work with clients and project teams to assess, design, implement, and enhance Azure
- Deliver expertise and best practices for Azure, AWS, and M365 deployments (e.g. green field blueprints, migration paths, optimization, best practices), as well as other 3rd party related technologies
- Support delivery of consulting engagements with clients large and small, across every industry
- Design complex architectures and assist in the deployment of those architectures
- Build tools to assist with the automation of large deployments (Terraform, ARM.).
- Assist customers across a broad range of Azure, AWS, and M365 topics, providing best practices and guidance for customers deployment
- Create professional client deliverables to clearly present recommendations and strategies using compelling formats including dashboards, presentations, and documentation
- Continuous learning and upskilling on relevant technology products and methodologies, leveraging training resources provided
- Support with practice and business development activities such as interviews, training, IP development, and scoping for client engagements
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years of Azure, AWS, and M365 experience across the various services
- Experience with Prisma Cloud and GCP will also be considered
- Ability to design and interpret complex Azure, AWS, and M365 designs that include 3rd party tools in both a green field and brown field scenario
- Understanding of Azure Active Directory and RBAC model
- Exposure to security tools/tech so you understand the capabilities
- Demonstrated experience with Azure, AWS, and M365 Policies
- Demonstrated experience with PowerShell
- Demonstrated experience creating 3-tier architecture with security best practices applied
- Basic understanding of malware analysis, threat intelligence, threat vectors across Azure services, Azure Purview, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Applications, and integration into Sentinel as well as 3rd party SIEMs
- Basic understanding of DevSecOps, DevOps, SOAR, and SIEM
- Basic understanding of common penetration techniques
- Ideally, experience with on-premises Active Directory
- Basic experience with KQL
With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.