VR Simulation Engineer
730 Lincoln Lake Ave Lowell MI 49331 /
STARTS JANUARY 2024
No Degree Required – Portfolio Required
In – Person
OrbOS is the software backbone to Orb’s mission, humanitarian aid aerial logistics. In this position you will work closely with the OrbOS lead to develop VR simulators for aircraft, VR piloting programs, HoloLens experiences, and web piloting programs. These programs will integrate to provide a pilot with a seamless bridge from training to remote piloting and provide users on the ground with the resources to easily maintain these aircraft. You will make high level decisions every day that have a tangible impact on our mission. May be required to travel for demonstrations.
- Unreal Engine Experience.
- Pygame/WebGL Experience.
- Expert knowledge of multiplayer networking.
- Has delivered one or more simulators that rely on real physics.
- Has delivered one or more VR games/experiences.
- Can implement and work with unique or customized HIDs.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Can make architecture decisions.
- Passion for clean UI/UX.
- Experience across SCRUM roles.
- Knowledge of Blade Element Theory.
- Knowledge of Vortex Lattice Method.
- Avid flight sim pilot.
- Part 107 pilot.
- Tensorflow/Pytorch/scikit experience.
- Excellent communicator capable of pitching the company.
- Motivated to learn new skills.
- Passionate about Orb's mission.
- Interest in Aviation.
$85,000 - $125,000 a year
Most engineers come to Orb to join an early team with unprecedented freedom to build the world's largest humanitarian air force. We have a healthy standard equity rate that vests after one year. We see this as our long-term "inheritance" and salary as our immediate provision to execute on our "magum opus".
Orb Aerospace is an E-Verify Employer.