Sr. Program Manager - Federal
Arlington, VA /
1300 - Engineering PgM – 1301 - Program Mgt - PS /
As a critical part of its mission to help decision makers understand what we are doing on and to the Earth, Orbital Insight is building a platform for large scale analysis of geospatial data including satellite and drone imagery and global IOT data - with proprietary AI to analyze economic, social, and environmental trends at scale. The platform allows customers to ask and answer questions about the physical world -- much as a search engine answers questions about the virtual world. By making the Earth “searchable” our customers have been able to illuminate supply chains, track global commodities, conduct trade area analysis, monitor illegal deforestation, and further national security.
TerraScope is our flagship analytics platform. By combining multi-sensor geodata, including satellite, drone and global IoT data, with proprietary AI and data algorithms, TerraScope enables decision makers to illuminate supply chains, track global commodities, conduct trade area analysis, monitor illegal deforestation, and further national security.
The Program Manager plays a key role in building new platform capabilities, overseeing platform deployments for large scale customers, and developing new uses and use cases. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a world class platform and help build a world class product development org. Reporting to the VP Product, you will need technical acumen, strong leadership, and collaboration skills with proven ability to work with large scale federal and commercial customers.
This position is located in Washington DC or Palo Alto, CA
- Drive overall program execution for assigned programs
- Utilize “systems thinking” to understand complex technical deliveries, risks, and coordination across disciplines and organizations
- Partner with solutions, revenue, engineering, and product to scope workflows, procedures, and processes
- Lead internal and external program reviews and meetings
- Drive clarity in requirements, deliverables and acceptance criteria
- Manage scheduling and tradeoffs
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure delivery to contract terms
- Present reports to leadership on program status and milestones, identify gaps, share insights and make recommendations to ensure on-time delivery
- Report impacts to schedule, scope and cost
- Own the Program Management function for assigned programs
- Lead and help improve processes for program and product delivery.
- Collaborate on best practices for documentation, workflows, and communication.
- Develop templates for technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- 8+ years Program Management or related experience.
- Experience successfully delivering Federal programs.
- Data analytics experience a plus. GIS experience a plus. SaaS experience a plus.
- Program management software (Asana, Monday, MS Project, Confluence, Jira a plus).
- Elite collaboration and interpersonal skills. Experience leading cross-org projects.
- Ability to evaluate plans and manage tradeoffs with internal and external teams.
- Detailed with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Precise and effective communicator internally and externally.
- Teamwork and willingness to dive into a task to get the job done.
- Can offer advice on best practices and initiatives to help Program Management contribute to the overall strategy and success of Orbital Insight.
- Track record of taking ownership, driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Performs independently.
- Manages time and priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Clearance a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
$150,000 - $193,000 a year
Salary range includes annual base salary only
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.