Sr Product Manager, Geodata
Palo Alto, CA /
4300 - Product - Content/Vendor – 4301 - Product - Content/Vendor /
Our mission at Orbital Insight is to help decision makers understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Our analytics platform, TerraScope, ingests massive volumes of geospatial data and then applies state-of-art AI/ML and Data Science algorithms at scale to derive novel insights.
Sr Product Manager, Geodata is a unique role combining technical product management and business development that lies at the heart of our business. It requires the ability to understand technical details across a broad range of data sets, the creativity to understand how that data is or could be processed to provide customer value, and the business acumen to cultivate and manage complex partnerships.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure the acquisition, ingestion, and quality of data from various sources. With your expertise in data management and your strong understanding of the needs of the business, you will help drive the success of the platform and ensure that customers have access to the high-quality data they need to make informed decisions.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the geodata market, from satellite constellations to IoT devices to open source intelligence. What’s here, what’s launching, and what drives long-term customer value?
- Develop and manage complex partnerships, negotiating contracts, tracking quotas and monitoring usage requirements.
- Establish policies and procedures, drive build / buy, and productize data governance, including data quality management and contractual/regulatory compliance.
- Work with data science to ensure the quality and accuracy of incoming data through profiling and cleansing processes.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain processes and tools for data discovery, extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) from various sources.
- Collaborate cross functionally and with partners and customers to identify requirements and priorities for new and existing products.
- Monitor data pipelines and troubleshoot any issues that arise, working closely with the engineering team to resolve them.
- Manage the metadata for all data sources and ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in partnership development, contract negotiation, and business development, preferably in the geospatial industry.
- 5+ years of software product or program management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow partnerships with providers or vendors.
- Experience negotiating contracts and monitoring internal performance.
- Understand data privacy laws, regulatory requirements, and data governance principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues.
- Experience working with large data sets and implementing data pipelines.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on accuracy and quality assurance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience delivering large-scale machine learning products and services with a geospatial component is a plus.
- Experience working with computer vision applications is a plus.
$160,000 - $218,000 a year
Salary range includes annual base salary only
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.