Sr. Program Manager
1300 - Engineering PgM – 1302 - Program Mgt - Commercial /
As a critical part of its mission to help decision makers understand what we are doing on and to the Earth, Orbital Insight is building a platform for large scale analysis of geospatial data including satellite and drone imagery and global IOT data - with proprietary AI to analyze economic, social, and environmental trends at scale. The platform allows customers to ask and answer questions about the physical world -- much as a search engine answers questions about the virtual world. By making the Earth “searchable” our customers have been able to illuminate supply chains, track global commodities, conduct trade area analysis, monitor illegal deforestation, and further national security.
Orbital Insight is seeking a highly experienced, Senior Program Manager to lead the Program team for an Asia Pacific (APAC) strategic customer. Reporting to the US-based Director of Program Management, the Senior Program Manager will require technical and programmatic expertise, strong leadership, and collaborative skills with the proven ability and experience to work with a defense and intelligence customer. This position requires the implementation of Program Management policies, procedures, and workflows, and ensuring the success of the company’s most important programs in both the commercial and public sector. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to help drive a growing region at our company and set the tone for successful delivery of advanced geospatial capability to our most important customers.
This position is located in Jakatar, Indonesia
- Leads the on-premise Program team for Orbital Insight’s APAC strategic customer
- Responsible for overseeing the overall program execution and performance of projects
- Partners with cross-functional leadership from solution engineering, revenue, engineering, and product to ensure successful delivery to customer
- Works with various stakeholders to scope and deliver to contract terms
- Develop and execute to project budgets and schedules
- Brief internal and external customers and leadership on milestones, identifying gaps, actively sharing insights and making recommendations to ensure execution and on-time delivery of the program
- Work with suppliers and be able to articulate project requirements
- Utilizes “systems thinking” by understanding complex, technical deliveries, inherent and potential risks, coordination among disciplines, and where applicable, handling negotiation of tradeoffs with professional maturity
- Travel to customer site required; both domestic and international travel (including the US Orbital Insight HQ) required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Indonesian citizen and Proficient in English
- Proven experience managing a large or complex team, handling competing priorities, identifying improvements, and mitigating potential roadblocks
- Able to perform duties independently
- Experience with Atlassian/Jira program management software tools
- Detail and results oriented, with demonstrated experience managing multiple complex tasks at once
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, with experience running cross-organizational projects
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
- Ability to obtain a customer clearance if required
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.