Sr. Software Delivery Manager
San Francisco, California
Originate was founded in 2007. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have over 150 employees across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Newport Beach. We are the on-demand accelerator for companies across the world. Regardless of industry or location, companies looking to explore new ideas and new opportunities turn to Originate as their trusted and capable innovation partner.
Who are We?
Originate is a concept-to-launch software company. We partner with enterprises and mature startups to accelerate their time from ideation to market. Our goal is to help our people and our partners to realize their potential faster in an evolving, uncertain world. Whether it's enabling a business to lead in an existing market or to enter into a brand new one, we have the experience and we want to help.
At the heart of Originate is a deep appreciation for ideation and innovation. We are continuously curious and thrive on making impossibilities possible. Our practice consists of technology-agnostic experts specializing in rapid prototyping and agile methodology. We love bringing prototypes to the end user and using their feedback to iterate on the product.
Who Works at Originate?
Originators are talented, creative, and motivated self-learners. New and emerging technologies inspire us to create not only new products but new kinds of products. We thrive on collaboration and have teamed up with countless partners to resolve complex technology and business challenges across a diverse set of fields. Individually we are unique, collectively we are inventive, and in partnership we are unmatched.
As a Delivery Manager at Originate, you will work with our partners and team members to create great products, no matter what. You should have a passion for running successful software projects with the ability to consistently deliver quality solutions. In collaboration with the team, you will make project decisions while making sure we are delivering Originate-level products.
Every project at Originate is different and your ability to adapt is key. In addition to your project responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to work with the leadership to shape and improve process throughout the company.
- Lead teams in an agile work environment, managing cross-discipline dependencies
- Create and maintain plans and schedules
- Manage scope between product needs and Originate’s needs
- Set partner and internal expectations on deliverables and processes
- Track budget for both invoicing and forecasting, in accordance with contract guidelines
- Set up team resources, then adjust and identify gaps and needs
- Conduct sprint ceremonies, including stand-ups, planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Manage software product releases and associated dependencies
- Proactively provide consistent partner communication, reporting, and documentation
- Provide Originate executive team with weekly project status reports, which track project risks
- Manage outside vendors involved in an engagement
- Maintain a positive and collaborative mindset, and identify solutions to challenges
- Work independently without day-to-day management
- Managed software product teams, minimum 5 years experience
- Led cross-discipline teams of at least 10 individuals
- Managed a budget of at least $1M
- Previously involved on the execution side (engineering, product, or design) of software delivery
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously, varying in size
- Familiar with project management tools, such as JIRA, Trello, OpenAir, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Familiar with software version control tools, such as GitHub
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, Technical degree a plus
- Consulting experience and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
If you think you would be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!