Sr. UX/UI Designer
Originate was founded in 2007. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have over 150 employees across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Newport Beach. We are the on-demand accelerator for companies across the world. Regardless of industry or location, companies looking to explore new ideas and new opportunities turn to Originate as their trusted and capable innovation partner.
Who are We?
Originate is a concept-to-launch software company. We partner with enterprises and mature startups to accelerate their time from ideation to market. Our goal is to help our people and our partners to realize their potential faster in an evolving, uncertain world. Whether it's enabling a business to lead in an existing market or to enter into a brand new one, we have the experience and we want to help.
At the heart of Originate is a deep appreciation for ideation and innovation. We are continuously curious and thrive on making impossibilities possible. Our practice consists of technology-agnostic experts specializing in rapid prototyping and agile methodology. We love bringing prototypes to the end user and using their feedback to iterate on the product.
Who Works at Originate?
Originators are talented, creative, and motivated self-learners. New and emerging technologies inspire us to create not only new products but new kinds of products. We thrive on collaboration and have teamed up with countless partners to resolve complex technology and business challenges across a diverse set of fields. Individually we are unique, collectively we are inventive, and in partnership we are unmatched.
We use a unique blend of strategy, creativity and technology to solve real problems for real people. Design at Originate focuses on users and their needs, solving rapidly for their problems by using lean design thinking methodologies to refine and validate concepts and bring them to life. Our designers thinks broadly about solving problems elegantly, simply, and beautifully.
As a Sr. UX/UI Designer you will
- Lead the UI and/or UX tracks on projects for mobile, web, and other digital software products
- Participate across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and user testing)
- Present the work and supporting rationale confidently to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and advocate for design excellence
- Create highly crafted visual and UX design deliverables, including interface designs, wireframes, personas, product concepts, prototypes, and style guides
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A strong communicator, with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Collaborative and versatile team player with the ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile, Lean UX, and Scrum environment
- Positive and responsive self-starter with a good work ethic and attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience designing for mobile and web-based software (service design, native apps, platforms, web-based tools, and transactional responsive sites)
- 3+ years of experience working at a major digital agency, tech/product startup or internal product/UXD group.
- Mastery of design software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision, as well as prototyping tools, such as Axure, Framer, and Principle
- Ability to develop personas, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes (UX research and testing experience a plus)
- Ability to create moodboards, design concepts, interfaces, and visual design systems
- Solid skills in typography, iconography, and photography/imagery development (Branding, video, and animation experience a plus)
- 4 year degree in design, art, new media, human factors, behavioral science, or applicable
If you think you would be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!