Sr. UX/UI Designer
Berlin Area, Germany
Originate designs and builds custom software products that solve complex problems, with a focus on time-to-market, scalability, and business impact. We work with large enterprises to build revolutionary new products and reimagine legacy systems. We also partner with high growth startups to help them accelerate their vision and create a competitive advantage. Founded in 2007, we have 150 employees based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Newport Beach, New York, Las Vegas and Berlin.
We use a unique blend of strategy, creativity and technology to solve real problems for real people. Design at Originate focuses on users and their needs, solving rapidly for their problems by using lean design thinking methodologies to refine and validate concepts and bring them to life. Our designers thinks broadly about solving problems elegantly, simply, and beautifully.
As a Sr. UX/UI Designer you will
- Lead the UI and/or UX tracks on projects for mobile, web, and other digital software products
- Participate across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and user testing)
- Present the work and supporting rationale confidently to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and advocate for design excellence
- Create highly crafted visual and UX design deliverables, including interface designs, wireframes, personas, product concepts, prototypes, and style guides
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A strong communicator, with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Collaborative and versatile team player with the ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile, Lean UX, and Scrum environment
- Positive and responsive self-starter with a good work ethic and attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience designing for mobile and web-based software (service design, native apps, platforms, web-based tools, and transactional responsive sites)
- 3+ years of experience working at a major digital agency, tech/product startup or internal product/UXD group.
- Mastery of design software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision, as well as prototyping tools, such as Axure, Framer, and Principle
- Ability to develop personas, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes (UX research and testing experience a plus)
- Ability to create moodboards, design concepts, interfaces, and visual design systems
- Solid skills in typography, iconography, and photography/imagery development (Branding, video, and animation experience a plus)
- 4 year degree in design, art, new media, human factors, behavioral science, or applicable
If you think you would be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!