Director of Business Development
New York, New York
Originate is seeking senior consultants with 5-10 years of experience selling and delivering strategic/management consulting, digital agency services and/or custom software development solutions. Consultants are responsible for finding, shaping, closing and facilitating the launch of new and existing Originate partnerships. This is a diverse role that requires a combination of selling, executive relationship management, technical competence, communication skills, and a deep understanding of how complex, modern technology products are built and delivered.
We have had great success creating value for our partners in financial services and are looking to press that advantage. We are seeking candidates with strong relationships with senior leaders of firms in wealth management, payments, consumer finance, private equity, capital markets, real estate, insurance, or other areas of financial services.
- Actively seek out new partnerships.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers, delivery team members, management, and the rest of the Business Development team to propose on and win new accounts for Originate.
- Assist in preparation of pre-sale, scoping, proposals and contracts for prospective Originate partners.
- Consult with C-suite and other senior leadership roles to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Originate’s services.
- Forecast potential revenues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key account(s).
- Create alignment around business problems and potential solutions.
Required skills and experience
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in top level technology advisory or consulting firms.
- 3-4 years of work experience owning proposals and frequently interacting with current and potential clients.
- Strong relationships with senior leaders at a variety of financial services firms.
- Business development, sales, sales engineering, and product management backgrounds are preferred.
- Experience with digital transformation in mid-to-large enterprises is preferred.
- Knowledge of/ exposure to agile methodology.
- A strong track record and a close network of high level professional contacts.
- Deep experience in a particular industry vertical is a big plus.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Graduate of a leading engineering or business school is a plus
- Willingness to travel frequently and to work remotely on client sites
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Independent and autonomous judgment
- Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Intercultural competence and experience of working with diverse personalities
- Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
- Highest ethical standards
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience
If you think you would be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!