Sr. Product Designer
San Francisco, California
Founded in 2007, Originate is a cutting-edge agency that designs and builds transformative software. Our unique approach to forming partnerships allows us to drive innovation for some of the largest and well-known brands around the world. We are a full-service shop that builds end-to-end products through product strategy, human-centric design, and advanced engineering.
Here at Originate, our strength is our people. If you are a curious self-starter with ambition, humor, and knack for crossword puzzles, you belong here. We offer competitive benefits, including unlimited vacation and a chance to build your own products in our incubator. We also have an amazing R&D lab where we solve problems using experimental design and engineering.
We’re looking for a talented designer with 6+ years of real-world experience to join the Originate product team. As Senior Product Designer, you will lead teams in designing and building web, mobile, AR/VR and experiential products across industries such as consumer, media, restaurant, finance, and healthcare. You will also get the opportunity to work with our world-class engineering team using new technologies such as XR, blockchain, machine learning, and computer vision, just to name a few.
As a leader on the design team, you should be able to think big product vision while also able to focus on the details like perfecting micro interactions or defining Sketch library nomenclature. You will be responsible for solving complex product challenges and owning the product from conception to launch. You should be able to perform established principles of user-centric design to empathize with users in order to create meaningful and engaging experiences
- Lead digital product design projects from research to conception to launch
- Participate and oversee all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and user testing)
- Convey user understanding through personas, journey maps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Present work and supporting rationale confidently to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and evolve toolkits, design systems, and Originate brand collateral
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and advocate for design excellence
- Mentor and guide design team members through collaboration and leadership
- Organize and lead partner workshops, design reviews, user interviews, and internal lessons
- 6+ years of experience designing mobile and web-based software (service design, native apps, platforms, web-based tools, and transactional responsive sites)
- 4-year degree in design, art, new media, human factors, behavioral science, or relevant experience
- Mastery of current design processes, methodologies, and tools including agile design, DesignOps, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Axure, Framer, Principle, Abstract, and Zeplin
- Ability to build user empathy and translate understanding to beautiful human-centered design
- Strong command of layout, iconography, typography, and information architecture
- Humble yet able to defend design decisions using data, a solid design philosophy, and creative process
- A passion for exploring new design methods, processes, tools, and emerging technologies
If you think you would be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!