Sr. Front-End Engineer (Tech Lead)
Los Angeles, Californa
Originate designs and builds custom software products that solve complex problems, with a focus on time-to-market, scalability, and business impact. We work with large enterprises to build revolutionary new products and reimagine legacy systems. We also partner with high growth startups to help them accelerate their vision and create a competitive advantage. Founded in 2007, we have 150 employees based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Newport Beach, New York, Las Vegas and Berlin.
Our Tech Environment
New products are built primarily using Scala, Java, Node.js, Go and any number of front-end technologies (React, GraphQL, Webpack, Redux, etc.). Mobile development is both iOS and Android.
Software is packaged with Docker and deployed with CircleCI on top of AWS and Kubernetes. We leverage open source data technologies such as DynamoDB, Spark, Kafka and PostgresSQL. Infrastructure is configured using Ansible and Terraform and monitored using Datadog.
You’ll find individuals experimenting with everything else (Haskell, Clojure, Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, etc.) and we’re always ready to use a new language or a new framework when it’s ready or when a project dictates.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years frontend application development
- 2+ years experience building large frontend apps with React or other frameworks such as Angular or Vue
- Strong knowledge of CSS fundamentals and experience with CSS preprocessors: Stylus, Less, Sass, etc.
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior developersAbility to architect and lead development of large, scalable, and maintainable frontend applications
- Heavy experience with both unit and end-to-end testing using frameworks and tooling like Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Protractor, Karma, Cucumber.
Bonus points for
- Experience with or excitement about Purescript, Elm, and/or functional programming
- An eye for detail so you can work closely with designers to deliver pixel perfect experiences
- Experience with UX, UI, or visual design
- Knowledge of or experience with mobile development or any of our backend technologies
If you think you'd be a good fit, we would love to hear from you!