Machine Learning Engineer
SF Bay or Austin, TX
Engineering - Software
As the leader of our Activity Recognition effort, you'll apply your career knowledge to converting a mountain of sensor data into meaningful insights about how occupants are using the spaces they live in, and in turn, enabling our products to improve their lives every day. This problem and its amazing challenges are the reason you are the perfect person to define, build, and lead our team to industry recognized success. This is an opportunity to make “a first” happen in machine intelligence and real-time recognition algorithms that recognize occupant behavior.
- Continue to advance your industry recognized technical leadership in ML while driving the architectural evolution and technology roadmap for our detection and analytics capabilities (deep learning, signal feature extraction and classification, predictive models, behavioral models, rules-based triggers, etc) will
- Architect, including defining requirements (hardware and software), and establish data pipeline and infrastructure necessary to run experiments and launch detection systems.
- Prototype machine learning and sensor fusion algorithms and apply them as data driven solutions to problems in activity recognition space.
- Develop testing and validation strategies for verification and model train in partnership with engineering, product and QA teams.
- Lead advance research and development on future sensor systems for product.
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent technical field from an accredited institution.
- Software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/Python) and rapid prototyping platform (MATLAB/SIMULINK).
- Expertise with common machine learning tools (Weka, R, RapidMiner and etc.) and experience with AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Demonstrated history of developing frameworks that are effectively leveraged by other developers * Demonstrated history of assessing and adopting new analytics platforms and techniques (TensorFlow, Python, Lambda, PMML, etc)
- Experience in building cloud connected applications is a plus.
- Experience in building production grade machine learning and sensor fusion enabled solutions end to end is a plus
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organizations and strong program management skills.
- Experience in writing government proposals is also desired with demonstrated success.
Light is one of the most important pieces of one’s life. It literally defines every waking moment. We fundamentally believe with better light comes better lives, and we strive to create new health and wellness devices that will change the way people experience their spaces.
Orro was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing lighting into the modern era. The company has offices in San Mateo, California and Austin, Texas.