Product Design Engineer
Cupertino, California /
Hardware Engineering /
OSOM is a technology startup that prioritizes your privacy. We believe the best user experiences are those encompassing a holistic approach, taking both hardware and software into account.
As a member of a multi-functional design team at OSOM, you will help to create the next generation of the world's most privacy-minded hardware.
You will conceive, design, and bring into production, products that will redefine common tech experiences. You will work closely with many different disciplines including ID, EE, RF, Packaging, Safety and Marketing. You should have significant prior experience in Unigraphics, be extremely well organized and able to balance numerous program needs simultaneously. Your excellent communication and social skills will help you to quickly grasp issues and drive the appropriate developments to resolution. This role affords you the opportunity to interface significantly with other departments within OSOM and external partners. We work in a dynamic environment which will require you to quickly find creative, dynamic solutions.
- Bring products from back of envelope to the production stage
- Work cross functionally with all other teams at OSOM
- See issues as they arise and be the driver to resolution
- Demonstrate creativity when problem solving and think outside of the standard box
- BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry related experience
- Experience with consumer electronic mechanical design
- Experience in plastic and metal part design
- Familiarity with EE and RF design in modern consumer electronic devices
- Knowledge in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Ability to travel internationally (>25%)
- International remote work possible
- US applicants must be authorized to work in the US
At OSOM, we are committed to providing an environment fundamentally built on mutual respect; where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military service and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OSOM believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company.
If you need any accommodations or assistance with applying for a position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.