Finance & Operations Lead
New York and US Remote /
Otis is looking for a Finance and Operations Lead to help drive the core operational performance of the business. You will play a pivotal role in both ensuring IPO and trading operations run smoothly and building a scalable accounting and finance foundation. This is an exciting cross-functional position that will bridge several teams, working closely with our CEO and General Counsel.
Please note that for this role we are open to Levels 3 - 5 and use the interview process to appropriately place candidates. Title, compensation, and scope of role are adjusted accordingly.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and execute initiatives across IPO operations, trading finance, capital markets, tax, audit and regulatory operations, including assisting with regulatory filings.
- Oversee accounting and finance, serving as the point of contact with our tax, finance and accounting vendors.
- Evaluate and implement systems to improve the company’s financial operations and ensure compliance with regulations and best practices as we scale.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience in operations at high-growth tech startups.
- You have exposure to finance or accounting, whether at a startup or larger firm.
- You have the ability to take projects and run with oversight, but also execute on projects at a functional level across business units.
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, multidisciplinary environments where everything is “the first time this has been done.” You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up where needed.
- You take pride in your attention to detail, strategic judgment, operational excellence and analytical rigor.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $25 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more).
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.
Otis is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse thoughts are welcomed and rewarded.