Front End Engineer
New York and Remote
Who we are looking for
Otis is looking for talented engineers to bring our vision of democratizing wealth to life. We're not looking for rockstars or ninjas; we're simply looking for smart people who are always willing to learn and who never shy away from a challenge.
What you will do
You'll be working with a small team in building a consumer facing product that will be used by millions of people just like you.
As a front end engineer, you will be helping build our mobile app, which written in React Native + Redux. This includes building new features, maintaining/improving our codebase, and providing feedback on APIs and architecture.
We require that you have a history of building rich React apps. It is unlikely you have this with less than two years of experience.
We prefer generalists over specialists. Bringing our vision to life will be a challenge, and we'll frequently be pushed outside our comfort zones.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy (with 10-day minimum)
- WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Quarterly company outings
Who you are
- You have deep knowledge of React and you are comfortable with React Native. You deeply understand the component lifecycle and you write tests for your components.
- You have deep knowledge of Redux and other essential tools in the React ecosystem.
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Last year, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- Bonus points for experience with building iOS apps using Swift or Objective C or Android apps with Java or Kotlin.
- Bonus points for backend experience, e.g. building APIs, designing databases, etc.
Read more about our engineering culture here.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $25 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more).
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.
Otis is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse thoughts are welcomed and rewarded.