Design is at the core of everything we do at Otis. Our mission is to democratize access to wealth, and the design team is responsible for crafting the products that make that future a reality. From user research to delivery, you will help shape the trajectory of our business and build world-class, beautiful software in the process. We believe in hiring generalists that can own the entire product design lifecycle, and optimize for shipping quickly.
What You'll Do
- Join the design team to lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from ideation to delivery.
- Perform user and competitor research, wireframing, scenario mapping, and information structuring, to derive UX improvements that simplify the product.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work closely with engineering partners to implement finished designs and continuously iterate on our products, always looking to improve what has been done.
Who You Are
- Experienced in building mobile & web products.
- A full-stack designer, combining UX expertise, UI skill, constraints and teamwork to bring a feature to life.
- Obsessed with breaking down complex subjects to their most basic forms.
- A curious product mind. You seek to understand the user, business and constraints to develop great designs that make an impact.
- Bring UX expertise to the Otis Product and design team by performing user/competitor research, wireframing, scenario mapping and prototyping.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and access. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have over $10M in assets from over 100,000 members on our platform. Our vision is to create a new asset class around Culture. We get there by improving liquidity, access, and price transparency.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more).
Otis is a remote-first company - you can choose to work remotely or work at our office in New York City (currently closed). While Otis offices are only partially open at this time, you choose how and where you'd like to work even in a post-COVID world.
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.