Software Engineer, Back-End
Pittsburgh, PA /
About the Role
This is a developer position for OtterTune's back-end data ingestion and processing pipelines that run its ML services. You will be responsible for creating a scalable architecture that consumes observation data from customers and then generates new database configurations.
Who We Are
OtterTune is building a bleeding-edge auto-tuning system for modern databases. OtterTune observes a customer’s database while it runs and learns the optimal configuration for their database's runtime parameters, improving database performance. The parameters suggested by OtterTune often beat those selected by professional database administrators.
- Develop and maintain scalable back-end services that support OtterTune's ML pipelines.
- Implement secure enterprise features for customers.
- Work with customers to understand their environment challenges, desired capabilities, and scale requirements.
You Might Be a Fit for the Role If…
- You have at least three years of related experience.
- You have experience developing enterprise software products for ML systems.
- You have experience building distributed data pipelines for ML systems.
- You have experience with back-end software (Django, Celery, RabbitMQ).
- Preferred: Experience with databases (MySQL, Postgres).
We Would Still Like to Hear From You
Humans never stop learning. Everyone learns on the job, no matter what job it is. OtterTune employees are encouraged to take time to level up their skills. Even if you do not check all of the boxes, please reach out to us about this position if you are interested.
Building an Inclusive Workplace
OtterTune is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. OtterTune embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. OtterTune prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.