Senior Software Engineer, Back-End
Pittsburgh, PA /
About the Role
OtterTune is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help design and build our core service and ML infrastructure. Engineers in this role will be responsible for architecting and implementing our systems with scale, reliability, performance and security in mind.
Who We Are
OtterTune is building a bleeding-edge auto-tuning system for modern databases. OtterTune observes a customer’s database while it runs and learns the optimal configuration for their database's runtime parameters, improving database performance. The parameters suggested by OtterTune often beat those selected by professional database administrators.
You Might Be a Fit for the Role If…
- You are excited to work on a small, independent team of developers.
- You enjoy taking the lead on projects and working with others across multiple disciplines.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience building out service-oriented and data infrastructure.
- You have experience with container orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS).
- You have experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
Bonus Points If...
- You have knowledge of database internals.
- You have knowledge of modern machine learning algorithms.
- You have "full stack" experience, having worked with a model-view-controller style backend, like Django, Ruby on Rails, or similar.
We Would Still Like to Hear From You
Humans never stop learning. Everyone learns on the job, no matter what job it is. OtterTune employees are encouraged to take time to level up their skills. Even if you do not check all of the boxes, please reach out to us about this position if you are interested.
Building an Inclusive Workplace
OtterTune is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. OtterTune embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. OtterTune prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.