Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Pittsburgh, PA /
About the Role
This position will work on OtterTune's core service architecture. You will design and develop the APIs that OtterTune's internal data processing pipeline uses to communicate with its front-end SaaS interface.
Who We Are
OtterTune is building a bleeding-edge auto-tuning system for modern databases. OtterTune observes a customer’s database while it runs and learns the optimal configuration for their database's runtime parameters, improving database performance. The parameters suggested by OtterTune often beat those selected by professional database administrators.
- Develop both public and back-end web-based interfaces for OtterTune's services.
- Prototype, build, and maintain scalable services to power OtterTune's ML pipeline.
- Implement secure enterprise features for OtterTune's back-end infrastructure.
You Might Be a Fit for the Role If…
- You have at least two years of professional full-stack experience developing web applications.
- You have experience developing enterprise software products for ML or database applications.
- You have experience prototyping user interfaces with modern React (ES7, React hooks, TypeScript).
- You have expertise designing REST or GraphQL APIs for internal services.
- Preferred: Experience with databases (MySQL, Postgres).
We Would Still Like to Hear From You
Humans never stop learning. Everyone learns on the job, no matter what job it is. OtterTune employees are encouraged to take time to level up their skills. Even if you do not check all of the boxes, please reach out to us about this position if you are interested.
Building an Inclusive Workplace
OtterTune is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. OtterTune embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. OtterTune prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.