Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Remote (US, Canada) /
Who We Are
At OtterTune, we make database optimization simple. Our main offering is a cloud service that uses machine learning (ML) to automate the difficult process of database performance tuning. Based on cutting-edge database and ML research at Carnegie Mellon University, OtterTune analyzes a customer's database activity and learns the best configuration for it, thereby boosting database performance and lowering costs. OtterTune's recommendations frequently outperform those of experienced database administrators.
About the Role
We are hiring full-stack software engineers to work on our core service platform. OtterTune strives to greatly simplify database performance and cost optimization. This requires building a world-class user experience that facilitates database optimization tasks and provides extensive insights into database performance and cost.
This role is a unique opportunity to join OtterTune in the early stages of its development where you can make a significant technical impact on our ever-growing stack.
- Work on end-to-end feature development, ranging from elegant user workflows through service APIs and infrastructure.
- Translate key product decisions into technical design and implementation.
- Identify areas for improvement around performance and overall product responsiveness and advocate for engineering change.
- Help set “best practice” standards for full-stack development.
You Might be a Fit for the Role if You Have
- Professional full-stack experience building applications using modern React (or similar frameworks), HTML, and CSS.
- Professional software engineering experience building out service-oriented and/or data infrastructure.
- A desire to work on a small, independent team of developers.
- Strong technical communication skills and initiative.
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment and a desire to translate customer feedback into reality.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401k plan with matching
- 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave
- Flexible hours
We Would Still Like to Hear From You
Humans never stop learning. Everyone learns on the job, no matter what job it is. OtterTune employees are encouraged to take time to level up their skills. Even if you do not check all of the boxes, please reach out to us about this position if you are interested.
Building an Inclusive Workplace
OtterTune is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. OtterTune embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. OtterTune prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.