Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Remote (US, Canada) /
Who We Are
At OtterTune, we make database optimization simple. Our main offering is a cloud service that uses machine learning (ML) to automate the difficult process of database performance tuning. Based on cutting-edge database and ML research at Carnegie Mellon University, OtterTune analyzes a customer's database activity and learns the best configuration for it, thereby boosting database performance and lowering costs. OtterTune's recommendations frequently outperform those of experienced database administrators.
About the Role
We are hiring senior frontend software engineers to work on our core service platform. OtterTune strives to greatly simplify database performance and cost optimization. This requires building a world-class user experience that facilitates database optimization tasks and provides extensive insights into database performance and cost.
This role is a unique opportunity to join OtterTune in the early stages of its development where you can make a significant technical impact on our ever-growing stack.
- Build responsive and elegant user workflows and views used directly by our customers and internal applications.
- Design and build our frontend infrastructure ensuring that it scales with our customer base.
- Translate product decisions into technical design and implementation.
- Identify areas for improvement around performance and overall product responsiveness and advocate for engineering change.
- Work with engineering leadership on our technical roadmap.
- Help set “best practice” standards for frontend development.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to our development team.
You Might be a Fit for the Role if You Have...
- 5+ years of professional experience working on full-stack applications that power user-facing products.
- Experience building applications using modern React (or similar frameworks), HTML, and CSS.
- Experience taking the lead on projects and working with others across multiple disciplines.
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment and a desire to translate customer feedback into reality.
- Strong technical communication skills and initiative.
- The desire to work on a small, independent team of developers.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401k plan with matching
- 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave
- Flexible hours
We Would Still Like to Hear From You
Humans never stop learning. Everyone learns on the job, no matter what job it is. OtterTune employees are encouraged to take time to level up their skills. Even if you do not check all of the boxes, please reach out to us about this position if you are interested.
Building an Inclusive Workplace
OtterTune is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. OtterTune embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. OtterTune prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.