Software Engineer | C++, Python
San Francisco/Palo Alto
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
As a software engineer, you will have an opportunity to work in a small team concentrated on the fields of 3D perception and computer vision.
Our group works to develop core tools that focus on the topics of camera modeling, camera registration, camera tracking, image stabilization, and 3D reconstruction. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development from design to coding and testing. You’ll be involved in defining the work as well – not all the questions come with answers provided – so comfort operating in an environment of ambiguity is a must. Along with enthusiasm for solving interesting and complex problems.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience with object oriented design and C++ programming skills. (You understand smart pointers, templates, and a wide variety of data structures. You know your way around your OS’s libraries, especially for threads and network communications.)
- Advanced Math background in linear algebra and calculus (for example 3D graphics, projection, reconstruction, filtering, estimators, etc.)
- Proven experience with practical real world implementation of computer vision and image processing based algorithms and technology
- Experience with optimized algorithms for real-time performance
- Must be willing to occasionally travel for field testing etc
- MS or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience in camera modeling, computer vision, feature detection, tracking, visual odometry, bundle adjustment, state estimation, sensor fusion, 3D reconstruction, or simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
- Experience with OpenCV
- Experience with OpenGL, GLSL shaders, or the graphics pipeline
- Experience with Qt
- Experience with Python
- Experience with CUDA
- Experience with panheads, GPS sensors, or IMUs
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer