Otto/Uber is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. At the heart of Otto/Uber’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto/Uber team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies.
We are seeking a driven individual to join the Uber Freight team in San Francisco, CA as a contracts administrator. You will work closely with the legal team to manage the entire lifecycle of customer and motor carrier contracts, and will also support the compliance team with motor carrier on-boarding and compliance reviews. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, you will be responsible for implementing and continuously improving contracts management processes.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to change the industry and have proven experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment where quality is never sacrificed. You will be critical to enabling the sales and operations teams to quickly scale the Uber Freight business.
- Review, revise, negotiate and manage customer and motor carrier contracts
- Coordinate with sales and operations team to ensure timely processing and execution of contracts
- Develop, implement and continuously improve contracts management processes
- Work closely with compliance team to on-board motor carriers and review motor carrier documents for compliance with laws and company policies
- Owning other contracts and compliance projects as needed
- Undergraduate Degree2+ years professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in contracts management preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and able to prioritize high volume of work with competing deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and desire to do whatever it takes are essential
- Experience in the logistics industry preferred, but not required
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it