Supply Base Engineer | Supply Chain
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
We are seeking a Supply Base Engineer to lead and support the development, implementation and management of manufacturing scalable product designs to provide Operations & Engineering with technical support and DFM expertise. The ideal person will possess demonstrated success and expertise on how things are made, and who across the globe can make them the best.
- Provide consultation to the internal teams (development engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, etc) in the selection, sourcing, qualification, and application of components and suppliers used in our products
- Establish workflows in an electromechanical system supply chain
- Provide DFM and DFT feedback to development engineering
- Collaborate cross-functionally, specifically with various hardware development engineering teams
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Optical preferred)
- 5+ years of professional manufacturing, quality, reliability, engineering or process development experience
- Extensive knowledge in the mechanical and/or electrical capabilities of a global supply base, and of supplier and equipment manufacturing capabilities
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in consumer, industrial, and commercial products, specifically in product sub-assemblies such as PCBA, mechanical enclosures, materials qualification, automotive, semiconductors, electromechanical assemblies, and optics
- Strong engineering approach to process development and quality assurance
- Exceptional team player who excels in collaborating and communication with others
- Detailed understanding of associated elements required to scale products and production
- Willingness to travel within the US and internationally
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer