Software QA Analyst
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
Description: Otto is looking for talented Software Quality Analyst to join its fast paced team. You will be part of a close-knit team responsible for analyzing driving events encountered by our trucks on the road and communicating system performance to the software team. You will also work closely with the testing operations team to communicate your findings and give safety guidance based on your findings. The role will require a familiarity working from the command line, a basic understanding of physics, and a strong attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will thrive on the challenges of working in a dynamic and evolving team. We are looking for a team player with a passion about what they do and a drive to succeed.
- Review events encountered by the trucks on the road on a daily basisIdentify root cause and assign severity levels to each driving event
- Manage bugs through their entire lifecycle: filing, maintaining, closing
- Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
- Compare on road performance to simulations generated using up-to-date software
- Generate reports summarizing and communicating software performance
- Assist in the data ingestion process
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Unix systems and a familiarity working on the command line
- Basic knowledge of physics as it applies to vehicle analysis (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
- Previous software quality testing experience a plusAble to work in a fast paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Comfortable working on a task repetitive in nature, while still ever changing
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours.
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan, F
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.