Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
As a member of our finance team, you will have exposure to various functions at Otto, including Engineering, Business Development, Product and work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of GAAP, excellent communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. Organization is of the utmost important in our ever-evolving environment, therefore this person will have a strong ability to notice discrepancies, possess an acute attention to detail and passion for completing tasks successfully and effectively. In addition to the day to day, constant desire for process improvement and asking questions like 'how can we be more efficient?', 'how can we repurpose this information?' or 'will this process scale (grow) with the company?' will be invaluable.
- Working in the General Ledger
- Ownership of the monthly financial reporting and close process
- Reconciling bank accounts and generating standard manager reports
- Ensuring compliance with key controls and accurate GAAP reporting
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years professional accounting experience at a top tier company (tech industry and/or public company experience preferred)
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reconciliation skills a must, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and desire to do whatever it takes are essential
- Identify areas for process improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes
- Strong knowledge of GAAP a must
- Systems experience: Oracle, SAP or NetSuite experience preferred
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer