Software Engineer | UI, QT, OpenGL
San Francisco/Palo alto
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
Our group works in an extremely fast-paced environment with high demands on our engineers. A successful candidate will have had experience in such an environment and will be a self starter for their own delivery of quality in everything that they do.
- Independent and able to implement of collect user needs without being directed
- Design and develop the frontend of several internal productivity tools
- Self motivated, and able to take the role of UX designer when needed
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life cycle
- Apply good software design and use best development practices on a daily basis
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience building QT applications
- Must be analytical and have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with OpenGL
- Fluent in modern C++ (C++14)
- Works well on a team using modern software development practices (agile/scrum, CI)
- QT fluent
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer