Operations Program Manager | Supply Chain
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
We are looking for an exceptional Operations Program Manager (OPM) with natural leadership instincts to join our supply chain team. This is an opportunity to serve as the primary operations interface to the development team and other functional organizations. In addition to leading the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) operations team in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps, the OPM will own all operations-related communications. This person will be in a position of great influence to drive the overall mission of achieving successful product launches.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in order to achieve required units per hour and takt times?
- Drive ramp readiness with engineering, operations, and OEM teams
- Plan capacity and manage multi-million dollar factory equipment budget
- Ensure component readiness to verify part availability, quality, and cost, supporting overall product goals
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness to optimize for low cost and maximum flexibility
- Develop, calculate, monitor and improve production yield data
- Create and coordinate the production schedule with supply chain operations
- Oversee and be accountable for multiple line bring-up
- Communicate system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional supply chain teams
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred)
- Master's degree (Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in NPI Operations Management
- Technical experitise and prior CM/OEM management experience a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present across all levels
- Results driven and detail oriented with previous demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve under pressure with poise
- Thrives in ambiguous environments and excels in program/project management
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer