Lead Test Development Engineer | Supply Chain
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Lead Test Development Engineer to develop test system architecture and overall test plans across multiple modules. This is an exciting opportunity to build, develop, and mentor a team of world class test engineers and manufacturing personnel looking to build the future.
- Design, develop code, and/or enhance test programs, scripts, and procedures based on system requirements
- Develop software, firmware, and RTL for laboratory data acquisition and control systems
- Implement and debug designs on the bench using oscilloscopes logic analyzers, and other instruments
- Test individual electrical components in the final production system to validate design and search for unexpected dependencies
- Read PCB schematics and debug or quickly modify electrical test systems
- Work with design engineers to define test and acquisition electronics
- Support manufacturing by creating systems to improve assembly test performance and yield tracking
- Drive improvements in manufacturing test yield
- Development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems
- Ability to coach, teach and mentor test development engineers and manufacturing personnel
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years in a test engineering environment
- Strong experience in a scripting language such as, Python or MATLAB, to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Familiarity with integrated circuit design and testing such that the engineer is able to craft a test-plan from a datasheet or specifications document.
- Experience of understanding and working at the boundary of vendor requirements to search for incorrect implementations.
- Experience with tooling and fixture development.
- Effective communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Willingness to travel 25%
- Analog and mixed-signal IC design experience to predict challenging implementations and target tests
- Software carpentry fundamentals; computer science training preferred
- Familiarity with PCB design
- Experience working with scaling manufacturing test operations
- Experience with Verilog and C
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer