People Development Lead, Uber Freight - Chicago
Uber Freight is a team of sharp, technology-minded individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more viable, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
Uber’s People Development team is focused on launching, developing, and empowering employees through world-class programs and learning solutions that are as innovative and scalable as Uber itself.
Successful candidates will bring unique ideas, L&D industry know-how, and a track record of success. You have experience working with organizations to get it right, but aren’t scared of tossing out old methods to try something new. We move fast and need someone creative and determined to take Uber’s development programs to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with business and HR leadership to diagnose learning and development needs and design world-class solutions
- Wear both strategy and execution hats simultaneously — maintaining a big-picture view while getting your hands dirty in the detail
- Obsess about the learner experience and how it impacts business priorities and objectives
- Own and guide the direction for the programs you oversee
- Iterate and improve existing programs using data and business feedback to drive impact and efficiency
- Facilitate live and virtual programs in a way that is tailored and relevant to each audience
- Deliver programs flawlessly, owning all details of implementation
- Manage diverse sets of stakeholders across the People team and business to get work done fast and in a way that is relevant
- Set and measure KPIs for People Development initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience working in corporate L&D
- Minimum of 10 years L&D experience with at least 3 years managing a team
- Experience designing and leading development programs both live and virtual
- Proficiency with presentation-design software and Excel
- Advanced degree in relevant field a plus
- Organized. You have superior organizational and administrative skills and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Self-driven. You follow through on all tasks with integrity.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Knowledgeable. You have experience and knowledge of adult learning and people development areas (for example, needs analysis and evaluation).
- Tech savvy. You know how to navigate through systems and tools, and constantly find ways to make tasks more efficient.
- Project manager. Proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're a quick learner and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business.
- Bias for action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization.
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer