Deep Learning Engineer
San Francisco/Palo Alto
Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
Learn to see from a giant dataset!
- Prototype and develop deep learning driving systems, perception algorithms on Linux and embedded platforms
- Design and develop general purpose tools to feed the neural networks (gather the data and prepare it) and for performance evaluation of the trained systems
- Developing and training neural network on deep learning in the cloud
- PhD or MS in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Excellent C/C++ programming and software design skills
- Expert-level experience in CUDA
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Theano, Torch or Caffe
- Programming experience on Android, Linux platforms, ARM NEON and/or OpenCL is a plus
- Experience with cloud computing architecture is a plus
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer