Otto is a team of the sharpest minds in autonomous technology who are driven to rethink transportation – not just improve it. And at the heart of Otto’s vision is the belief that autonomous technology is the key to creating a more viable, efficient, and above all, safer, transportation future.
The Otto team consists of some of the world’s leading technologists who are passionate about transforming transportation through emerging autonomous technology. The team is made up of veterans of autonomous tech who have come to Otto from other world changing companies like Apple, Cruise and Google.
We are seeking an experienced Single Point Diamond Turning Engineer who will be developing new and innovative freeform optical structures to be used in new and innovative hardware projects.
- Design tool paths for lens surfaces
- Optimize optical element production for short cycle time
- Program, operate, maintain a Nanoform X SPDT lathe
- Source material for lenses, mirrors
- Work with hardware team on design, fabrication of optical systems
- Perform lens metrology on in-house and outsourced optics
- Manufacture prototype and preproduction optics
- Source coatings for lenses and mirrors
- Turn mold inserts
- Proficiency with a Nanoform X SPDT machine
- Proficiency with at least one 3D modeling package, Solidworks, Rhino, Pro-E etc.
- Experience with a number of 2D and 3D file formats (STL, DXF, STEP, IGES)
- Familiarity with standard safety practices in a shop environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- Catered lunches, snack bar and team happy hours
- Competitive salary package including equity, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Equal Opportunity Employer