Field Applications Engineer
Greater Singapore Area /
Business Development APAC – Field Applications /
At Ouster, we build sensors and tools for engineers, roboticists, and researchers, so they can make the world safer and more efficient. We've transformed LIDAR from an analog device with thousands of components to an elegant digital device powered by one chip-scale laser array and one CMOS sensor. The result is a full range of high-resolution LIDAR sensors that deliver superior imaging at a dramatically lower price. Our advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms are used in autonomous cars, drones and many other applications. If you’re motivated by solving big problems, we’re hiring key roles across the company and need your help!
Ouster is looking for a Field Applications Engineer for Asia Pacific business. This position is a part of the pre-sales customer success team and will support new and existing APAC customers with its range of LiDAR and related products. Your mission in this role would be to use our LiDAR’s from a customer’s point of view, technical support for customers using the product, and provide feedback on product requirements and features back to Ouster’s technical team. The ideal candidate is excited by the coming technology revolution in 3D perception and would like to play a role in shaping it.
The role is predominantly based in Singapore but will be responsible for customers across the APAC region with focus on SEA, India, Australie, New Zealand, Korea and Japan. Regular travel would be expected.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- Support customers in the use of LiDAR sensors in Automotive, Industrial, Robotics and Smart Infrastructure applications.
- Be the first responder to customer technical queries and provide field support as needed to drive growth.
- Have a solid understanding of product requirements and implement field test strategies to exercise these requirements in a variety of use cases and environmental conditions.
- Act as the voice of the customer; communicate customer technical issues/bugs to Engineering and get resolution.
- Develop an understanding of the technical and market landscape for 3D sensors, including complementary sensors such as cameras and how they can be integrated.
- Be a conduit for customer requirements and use cases to the technical team.
The requirements for this role are:
- BS in Engineering or Physics required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in the automotive industry as a system test or applications engineer or similar role; lidar, camera, or sensor experience preferred.
- Hands-on engineer with an array of electromechanical and software skills who loves to get hands-dirty and solve technical problems.
- Skilled at designing experiments, methodical data collection, and data analysis.
- Proficient in reading and writing code; experience with ROS, Linux OS, and python, ability to get software libraries up and running with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills; customer-oriented.
- Proficient and experienced in communicating regionally between different languages and cultures.
We acknowledge the confidence gap at Ouster. You do not need to meet all of these
requirements to be the ideal candidate for this role.
At Ouster we offer a range of competitive benefits, as we believe in taking care of our employees in all aspects of their lives. Our newly renovated office, located in the Mission District of San Francisco, is a dog-friendly workplace with a kitchen stocked with snacks, fresh fruit and drinks, and a complimentary dinner catered nightly. Additional perks include 15 vacation days/10 paid holidays annually; paid parental leave; pre-tax commuter or health care/dependent care accounts; 401K match up to 4%; medical, vision and dental plans with premiums covered at 100% for the employee and 75% for dependents (Cigna or Kaiser); life insurance; and short term disability and long term disability. Ouster offers the best benefit options available because we consider the well-being of our employees a top priority.
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.