Santa Monica, CA (currently remote) /
Outer is a venture-backed startup based in Santa Monica, California on a mission to get people outside and inspire healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives by creating innovative outdoor furniture.
The Sales Specialist role is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is building the customer experience from the ground up. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a chance to make a direct impact on our group trajectory and the sales journey. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the successful person in this role will ensure potential customers receive the proactive attention and positive support that is reflective of Outer culture and also necessary to inspire a purchase.
Given the stage of Outer and the ever-evolving business strategy and needs of the company, this role will change over time. New and exciting opportunities arise every day and we are looking for candidates who will embrace and be motivated by that flexibility. This position is eligible for performance-based incentives and commissions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Provide pre-purchase sales support through our lead channels (web chat, phone, email and more)
- Manage a personal sales pipeline from within Outer’s CRM
- Execute the sales process specific to the lead channel and opportunity
- Collaborate on the development & enhancement of sales processes, tools and methods to improve our capacity to serve more potential customers and to better meet their needs
- Ensure customer engagement delivers a world-class experience and clear brand image
- Provide world-class customer service that supports high customer satisfaction ratings
- Grow the business’s topline revenue through effectively and efficiently serving customers (and moving opportunities through the pipeline)
- Develop relationships that help ensure customers return to Outer for future purchases
- Pursue continuous improvement in all aspects of sales and professional performance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 3 years working in a customer-facing role
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred but not required
- Experience working in a team-based office environment highly preferred
- Experience working in a startup company highly preferred
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- High empathy, especially for our customers
- Passion for relationships and helping others
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and entrepreneurial
- Positive energy and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to cover evening and weekend phone and chat support shifts as needed
Outer started by creating the perfect outdoor sofa: beautiful, durable, comfortable, and innovative. We also invented a new model for retail because we believe that the furniture buying experience can be much better than stale, traditional showrooms with four walls, fluorescent lighting, and pushy salespeople. Our Neighborhood Showroom platform that turns our customers' backyards into our physical showrooms where our customers can see, touch and feel our products in a real backyard alongside a real customer (think: Airbnb meets retail). Our Co-Founder & Chief Design Officer was the former Head Furniture Designer at Pottery Barn, and our founding team brings decades of experience from Casper, IDEO, Nike, Thrive Market, Match.com, and Riot Games. Outer provides a robust total rewards package, including competitive compensation packages, medical & wellness plans, 401(k) contributions, life insurance and more.