Community Marketing Coordinator
Santa Monica, CA (currently remote) /
Outer is a venture-backed startup based in Santa Monica, California on a mission to get people outside and inspire healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives by creating innovative outdoor furniture.
The Neighborhood Showroom Program is an important channel of innovation and community-building for Outer. Unlike other furniture retailers, Outer uses real customers’ homes as our showrooms across America, rather than building brick and mortar stores. Our Neighborhood Showroom Host community makes up a vital segment of our customer base, and our relationship with them from the beginning and continuing past the end of their buying journey is crucial.
We are looking for a Community Coordinator, reporting directly with our Community and Partnerships Manager to oversee each Host’s application and onboarding process, and well as play a role in their continued engagement once converted. This person will primarily assist in organizing, further-systemizing, and executing the various steps in the Host application and onboarding flow. The successful candidate in this role will also help the Neighborhood Showroom Host community function as a brand-builder and help stoke our word-of-mouth growth channel.
Given the stage of Outer and the ever-evolving business strategy and needs of the company, this role will change over time. New and exciting opportunities arise every day and we are looking for candidates who will embrace and be motivated by that flexibility. This position is eligible for performance-based incentives and commissions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop an understanding of the Outer customer, their journey, and their relationship with the product and retail experience; identify new pathways to engage customers and turn them into Hosts/Ambassadors
- Assist Community & Partnerships Manager in monitoring and guiding Neighborhood Showroom
- Host applicants through the application process; this includes engaging Host applicants in meaningful dialogue and generating excitement and brand adoption
- Review completed Neighborhood Showroom Host applications, assess quality, and onboard new Hosts
- Gather data and submit feedback to the team to improve the Neighborhood Showroom channel
- Help to position Outer's Neighborhood Showrooms as community gathering spaces: a place to check out Outer, meet a new neighbor, and enjoy being outside in COVID-19 times, this includes facilitating the continued growth of the Host community online and encouraging virtual “togetherness”
- Help execute a calendar of events and experiences for the Host community while ensuring a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints, on- and offline
- Help execute and build upon promotions and contests to grow the NBS community, including engaging on social channels
- Help generate, collect, and organize quality content from Neighborhood Showrooms (including events post-COVID-19) to share on marketing, NBS, and social media channels
- Work with Outer's Marketing team to report on effectiveness of events and campaigns in an effort to maximize results. Tweak strategy as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of marketing experience
- BA/BS preferred, but not required
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, especially project management
- Self-directed with the ability to multi-task projects
- Excellent command of the English language, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and act on feedback from various contributors, and pivot as necessary
- Additional points for a strong knowledge of the local market, including neighborhoods, communities, and businesses
- You are a people person — you believe that backyards and neighborhoods are a great place to create connections, and you know that, through this, you can build a loyal customer base
Outer started by creating the perfect outdoor sofa: beautiful, durable, comfortable, and innovative. We also invented a new model for retail because we believe that the furniture buying experience can be much better than stale, traditional showrooms with four walls, fluorescent lighting, and pushy salespeople. Our Neighborhood Showroom platform that turns our customers' backyards into our physical showrooms where our customers can see, touch and feel our products in a real backyard alongside a real customer (think: Airbnb meets retail). Our Co-Founder & Chief Design Officer was the former Head Furniture Designer at Pottery Barn, and our founding team brings decades of experience from Casper, IDEO, Nike, Thrive Market, Match.com, and Riot Games. Outer provides a robust total rewards package, including competitive compensation packages, medical & wellness plans, 401(k) contributions, life insurance and more.