Growth Marketing Manager
Santa Monica, CA (currently remote) /
Outer is a venture-backed startup based in Santa Monica, California on a mission to get people outside and inspire healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives by creating innovative outdoor furniture.
We are looking for a qualified Growth Manager to join our team who will oversee Outer’s user acquisition (primarily paid) channels, reporting, and attribution. You will be responsible for ideating, defining, and producing campaigns to achieve our business goals, including growing the Outer brand, driving qualified traffic to the website, driving sales, and communicating with customers in a specialized way based on where they are in their customer journey. You will need to ensure consistent brand experience across all touch points. You will monitor upper funnel interactions and sales data in order to inform your decision making, and improve performance.
Our ideal candidate has experience running user acquisition and growth campaigns for a consumer brand. You will develop, manage, execute and optimize campaigns that will grow Outer’s customer base. As an integral member of a brand-sensitive yet performance-driven team, this role will streamline various user acquisition channels and maintain profitable growth, while scaling the business. You will be responsible for
managing the analysis and planning of paid and unpaid campaigns, as well as execution of a select number of campaigns.
The role will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
Given the stage of Outer and the ever-evolving business strategy and needs of the company, this role will change over time. New and exciting opportunities arise every day and we are looking for candidates who will embrace and be motivated by that flexibility. This position is eligible for performance-based incentives and commissions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Oversee all digital media campaigns, and recommend tactics and resources needed to successfully execute; measure results and inform evolving strategy
- Work solo, or with partners to optimize for cost efficiency and customer experience across paid social, search, display, affiliate, and more
- Grow new customers and revenue, on an ROI+ basis, hitting growth and CAC targets
- Test and think outside the box with existing and new channels -- we invite innovative thinking!
- Work cross-functionally with the product, content, and design to create high-performing, on-brand ads and landing pages
- Manage the vetting, selection and on-boarding of digital marketing vendor partners
- Moderate attribution between channels and recommend budget allocations accordingly
- Conduct weekly and monthly reviews of KPIs and digital marketing initiatives. Report findings to the team with plans on where we go next.
- Stay abreast of market trends, and understand the outdoor furniture and eco-conscious landscape to best position the Outer brand
- Consistent output of high performing ads and marketing funnels to convert our target audience
- Growth of Outer’s revenue and brand trust
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience
- Experience running Facebook and Google ads through the native platforms (vs. outsourcing to an agency)
- 4-year degree preferred but not required
- Experience working in a startup company preferred
- Experience working in a team-based office environment highly preferred
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS & ABILITIES
- Metrics-focused; able to analyze data and report on key KPIs such as: CPS, CPL, CAC, LTV, ROAS, Repeat Rate etc.
- Able to run clean multivariate creative, audience, and landing page tests
- Understand basic attribution modeling
- Strategic understanding of brand building within the lifestyle market
- A self-starter who is proactive and dedicated to getting results
- Organized, with high attention to detail and quality
- Positive energy and ability to work in a team environment
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, preferred
- Comfortable working with gut instinct in the face of a lack of data; not all decisions can be made solely with numbers, and can blend art with science
- Love uncovering the story behind the numbers. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are excited by a challenge. You love Outer's mission (to bring people outside) and would have fun working on translating the brand into digital ads.
Outer started by creating the perfect outdoor sofa: beautiful, durable, comfortable, and innovative. We also invented a new model for retail because we believe that the furniture buying experience can be much better than stale, traditional showrooms with four walls, fluorescent lighting, and pushy salespeople. Our Neighborhood Showroom platform that turns our customers' backyards into our physical showrooms where our customers can see, touch and feel our products in a real backyard alongside a real customer (think: Airbnb meets retail). Our Co-Founder & Chief Design Officer was the former Head Furniture Designer at Pottery Barn, and our founding team brings decades of experience from Casper, IDEO, Nike, Thrive Market, Match.com, and Riot Games. Outer provides a robust total rewards package, including competitive compensation packages, medical & wellness plans, 401(k) contributions, life insurance and more.