Outlier uses artificial intelligence (AI) to turn billions of data points into insights, already helping retail, financial and pharma customers find unexpected changes happening in their data and improve the outcome of their business intelligence tools. Founded by experienced engineers, Outlier was named a 2018 Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner for being innovative, intriguing, and impactful; honored as one of CRN’s “The Coolest Business Analytics Companies” of the 2019 Big Data 100; and took first place honors during the Pharmaceutical R&D Information Systems Management Executives Forum (PRISME Forum).
As a Sales Engineer at Outlier, you will:
- Perform steps required to connect to customer data. Manually debug integrations with customer data, when necessary
- Establish processes and organization to a challenging, interrupt-driven engagement where not everything will be in your control
- Work closely with the customer team with setting up and configuration customer integrations
- Communicate directly with customer teams about integration-related questions when needed
To be a great fit for the position, you have:
- Coded yourself as an individual contributor in the past few years
- Experience administering SQL database systems, familiarity with modern cloud environments (e.g., AWS) a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills especially around documenting procedures and processes
- Excellent time management, task organization and prioritization skills
- A constant desire to learn and improve
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.