Senior Clojure Engineer
South San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an experienced clojure engineer to join our platform team. You'll work on stateless and stateful services, REST and WebSocket APIs, streaming and ETL data pipelines, problems in data storage, indexing, and surfacing. Things like: real-time interactions for streams with 100K concurrent viewers, low latency pipelines for actionable stream analytics, or identifying the most entertaining streamers by audience sentiment.
We're witnessing a revolution. The entertainment industry is being transformed by gamers who are becoming the next generation of great performers, athletes and personalities, and they’re drawing the attention of larger audiences every day.
At Outpost Games, we’re building a technology platform called Hero that aims to turn players into performers by building live audience participation into games. To showcase this platform, we've also built a multiplayer social game called SOS that’s designed from the ground up to be as thrilling to watch as it is to play. On our platform, everyone experiences the thrill of being in the spotlight, and every audience member has the ability to participate in play. Join us and work alongside industry veterans from Twitch, YouTube, EA, Zynga, Naughty Dog, and Epic Games to take a fresh approach on gaming and entertainment.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and scale services powering our platform clients (mobile/native/web) and 1st-party game, SOS
- Write maintainable, secure, and well-tested code
- Constructively review other engineers code and provide architectural feedback
- Work in a professional software engineering environment (source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, live monitoring)
- Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team on new product features
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years experience building and scaling customer-facing web applications or distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Expertise in Clojure
- Proficiency with other server-side languages and technologies
- Passion for technology and enthusiasm for learning
- An effective communicator, who seeks and values a diversity of perspectives
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Start-up experience
- Experience building JVM oriented systems
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Practical experience with analytics systems (data pipelines, ETL and streaming)
- A passion for playing or watching video games
Changing the entertainment business is hard work, but we do it sustainably. We invest in your health and productivity through great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and free lunch if you eat with 4 or more colleagues!
Outpost Games is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.