Senior Clojure Engineer
South San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an experienced clojure engineer to join our platform team. You'll work on stateless and stateful services, REST and WebSocket APIs, streaming and ETL data pipelines, problems in data storage, indexing, and surfacing. Things like: real-time interactions for streams with 100K concurrent viewers, low latency pipelines for actionable stream analytics, or identifying the most entertaining streamers by audience sentiment.
We're witnessing a revolution. The entertainment industry is being transformed by gamers who are becoming the next generation of great performers and personalities, and they’re drawing the attention of larger audiences every day.
At Outpost, we’re building a real-time interaction platform called Hero that we view as the future of how people will consume live entertainment. To showcase Hero, we've built a multiplayer social game called SOS that’s designed to be as thrilling to watch as it is to play. It's not launched yet, but it already rose to become the 3rd most watched game worldwide on Twitch in our Closed Alpha, and our platform enabled over 15M live feedback interactions per day.
Outpost has raised over $19M from Benchmark Capital, Time Warner, Virgin, and others. Join us and work alongside industry veterans from Twitch, YouTube, EA, Zynga, and Epic Games to take a fresh approach on gaming and entertainment.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and scale services powering our platform clients (mobile/native/web) and 1st-party game, SOS
- Write maintainable, secure, and well-tested code
- Constructively review other engineers code and provide architectural feedback
- Work in a professional software engineering environment (source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, live monitoring)
- Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team on new product features
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years experience building and scaling customer-facing web applications or distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Expertise in Clojure
- Proficiency with other server-side languages and technologies
- Passion for technology and enthusiasm for learning
- An effective communicator, who seeks and values a diversity of perspectives
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Start-up experience
- Experience building JVM oriented systems
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Practical experience with analytics systems (data pipelines, ETL and streaming)
- A passion for playing or watching video games
Changing the entertainment business is hard work, but we do it sustainably. We invest in your health and productivity through great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and free lunch if you eat with 4 or more colleagues!
Outpost is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.