Interaction & Motion Designer
South San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an Interaction & Motion Designer on our Platform team to design a delightful and meaningful feedback system between live streamers and their audiences. This role sits within the core of the company’s strategy, and this person will collaborate closely with our Creative Director, Head of Product, and Platform engineering team to bring concepts to reality. We’re looking for a wide range of skills that can be applied across mediums, as this role has many challenging design and visual problems that require versatility and flexibility. Outpost has a strong design culture, and ideal candidates should be interested and willing to grow.
We're witnessing a revolution. The entertainment industry is being transformed by gamers who are becoming the next generation of great performers and personalities, and they’re drawing the attention of larger audiences every day.
At Outpost, we’re building a real-time interaction platform called Hero that we view as the future of how people will consume live entertainment. To showcase Hero, we've built a multiplayer social game called SOS that’s designed to be as thrilling to watch as it is to play. It's not launched yet, but it already rose to become the 3rd most watched game worldwide on Twitch in our Closed Alpha, and our platform enabled over 15M live feedback interactions per day.
Outpost has raised over $19M from Benchmark Capital, Time Warner, Virgin, and others. Join us and work alongside industry veterans from Twitch, YouTube, EA, Zynga, and Epic Games to take a fresh approach on gaming and entertainment.
- Identify and create the key interactions for our platform, Hero
- Create prototypes to test hypotheses, both internally and with target users
- Develop high level storyboards and wireframes to effectively communicate your interaction and design ideas
- Collaborate with engineering to successfully build and launch your features
- Utilize motion effectively to solve challenging design problems
- Work with the stakeholders to craft a cohesive design strategy
- When necessary, contribute to game and community design requests
- Deliver production ready assets to see your concept through to pixel perfect execution
- 4+ years working as an Interaction Designer, preferably on a digital consumer product
- Demonstrated ability of interaction skills through shipped features that users love
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and the need to iterate based on live external feedback
- Deep knowledge of typography, color theory, iconography, and responsive design
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, inVision and/or similar products
- Mastery of animation tools, such as After Effects (or similar products)
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating clarity of thought
- Friendly and collaborative, yet self-directed
- A passion for watching live gaming streams and great performers
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and explore uncharted territory
- Authorized to work in the U.S.