VP of Sales, Mid Enterprise
Atlanta, GA /
Sales – Sales Management /
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The Mid Enterprise Account Executives partner with our potential customers who have over 1,500 - 5000 employees. We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to create & close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
We are looking for a Vice President of Sales to lead our Mid Enterprise Account Executive segment. The person successful in this role will have a passion for building and maintaining high-performing organizations, be a “hands-on” generalist who is not only naturally data-driven, and a strategic thinker with a doer attitude understanding the value and importance of company culture and employee happiness. They will thrive in the fast-paced environment of a startup, and are able to execute on large initiatives while wearing multiple hats.
You will lead our efforts to build our culture to attract and retain the best employees and customers. As a member of the Go To Market Leadership team, you will be responsible for employee engagement, performance management, leadership development, hiring, and more.
Locations: Seattle, New York, San Francisco, Atlanta
- Lead 5 first line managers and maintains overall ownership of Revenue goals
- Build an industry-leading sales team within the broader sales organization, founded on best practices, clarity of focus, curiosity, and the ability to translate goals into measurable actions
- Partner with Customer Success and Sales leadership to win new customers and expand current customers
- Provides ongoing development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new hires on the Outreach sales process
- Consistently monitors the sales activity of the team and tracks the results
- Conducts weekly forecast/renewals meetings.
- Reports on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
- Coaches direct reports re: strategies to drive deal closure
- Serves as an active member of the leadership team and builds strong, collaborative relationships throughout the Sales, Support, Pre-Sales, and Success organizations
- Collaborate with sales enablement, marketing, customer success, SDRs, solutions consulting, product and technology business leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity
- Assess the needs of our customers and gather user feedback to improve upon existing solutions and design and iterate sales process and operations
- Practice the corporate values making us who we are
- 8-10+ years of outstanding results in leading sales organizations delivering customer growth with 4+ years as a Manager of Managers within a B2B SaaS
- Experience managing around a 100M+ territory is ideal
- Experience in building Sales organization structure, process and measurement focus
- Proven record of success in a high-volume transaction sales environment
- Experience selling to the enterprise
- Proven ability to drive process improvements while leveraging strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation, and closing customers. Results-driven coach, mentor, and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives group results through teamwork and individual performance improvement
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Experience leveraging Salesforce.com and Outreach.io
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $370,000 - $640,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status