Senior Software Engineer (Back-End)
Indianapolis, IN /
Engineering – Core Experience /
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who can deep-dive on challenging technical problems, build scalable solutions and identify performance bottlenecks, iterate quickly and deliver incremental value and who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
About the Team
At the core of any growing organization is the ability to drive predictability, efficiency and growth. To do this, revenue leaders need visibility and answers to help identify areas for improvement and drive to action on those areas.
The Outreach Commit team’s mission is to build a full-featured Augmented Revenue Intelligence Platform to help sales teams forecast their business with both accuracy and precision. To accomplish this, we surface historical trends and insights allowing teams to see the up-to-date status of pipeline risk, analyze and plan future scenarios, proactively manage opportunities and leverage a collaborative, real time forecasting model to make forecasting easier.
The fundamental challenges we solve on a daily basis include evolving a data mapping strategy that adapts to any sales process, providing insights with easy-to-understand visuals, processing large volumes of historical data while continually analyzing changes, and ultimately evolving the way teams forecast.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Building applications in a modern web stack. We write our backend microservices in Go. Our front end is written in React. All service-to-service, as well as service-to-client, communication is done with gRPC and Protocol Buffers. We have a variety of data stores including BigQuery, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, and GCS.
- Owning features from concept to production
- Identifying the critical details and prioritize incremental delivery
- Designing and delivering comprehensive, enterprise-grade solutions
- Responding to changing requirements efficiently and responsibly
- Helping us build customer trust by delivering high quality, well-tested solutions
- Continuously questioning the best way to achieve solution goals, and actively participating in our roadmap and vision
- Experience with building distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture
- Great communications skills
- Experience building and consuming web based APIs
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments
- Go above and beyond to help your team
- You embody our core values
- We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You'll Love it Here
- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Flexible time off
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
- Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
- A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status